The human body is a remarkable machine with its own set of systems and mechanism to keep itself up and running. Itís got different organs, hormones, neurotransmitters and pathways to make sure that everything goes where itís needed, and the stuff you donít need gets flushed out. Youíve got amazing organs like the brain, the heart, the lungs and the intestines with their own set of unique functions for keeping you alive. But one of the most overlooked organs is the pancreas. The pancreas is an organ located beneath the stomach. It plays a huge role in keeping the digestive system and the endocrine system working. Thatís where the hormone insulin comes from.
So whatís so important about insulin? The pancreas produces insulin in order to regulate the metabolism of fat and carbohydrates in the body. So without insulin, all the fat and carbohydrates you consume wonít get metabolized and used for energy. Ideally, this is whatís supposed to happen every time you eat food with carbohydrates:
- There will only be a small amount of insulin released into the body. The body is supposed to sensitive to insulin, so only a small amount of it should be enough to metabolize the carbohydrates you just ate. If there is too much insulin released, the body has a hard time burning the fat.
- The blood sugar from the carbohydrates you eat will be cleared and transported into the different organs which need it.
- When carbohydrates are stored in the muscle tissues, itís called glycogen. When the muscle tissues are more sensitive to insulin, more blood glucose will be stored in the muscle tissues as opposed to fat.
- There will be less fat storage, if the body is sensitive to insulin since the carbohydrates will be stored in the muscles in the form of glycogen. In doing this, the carbohydrates become energy stored in the muscle tissue, instead of energy stored in fat.
The bottom line is: increasing your insulin sensitivity results in carbohydrates being processed and stored in muscle tissue, not fat tissue. So how does one increase insulin sensitivity? BioTrustís solution to this is IC-5.
What Does IC-5 Do?
Simply put,†IC-5†increases insulin sensitivity so that the body doesnít have a hard time burning fat. It does this while also improving the bodyís blood sugar management. The following are the ingredients contained within IC-5:
- Cinnamomum Burmannii Ė Itís an extract of the Indonesian cinnamon bark. It helps optimize blood sugar management while also increasing glucose metabolism by up to ten times.
- Berberine Ė Itís a plant alkaloid which has been used in Indian medicine. It improves the signaling of insulin and its receptors to transport the glucose to the skeletal muscle instead of fat.
- Pterocarpus Marsupium Ė This has been used by Ayurvedic healers to treat diabetes patients. It helps decrease blood sugar levels within two hours of eating a meal with carbohydrates.
- 4-hydroxyisoleucine Ė Itís a highly exotic natural phytochemical which can increase glycogen storage while also reducing fat storage. It does this by making the insulin receptors in the muscle tissue more sensitive. It has also been shown to inhibit the absorption of some sugars in order to decrease the glycemic response to different foods which contain carbohydrates.
- R-Alpha-Lipoic-Acid (R-ALA) Ė Itís made up of two isomers which are S-ALA and R-ALA. These have been shown to increase insulin sensitivity by 25% in as little as four weeks. It also increases the presence of glucose transporters in cell membranes so that the glucose is quickly cleared from the bloodstream. Its effectiveness has garnered worldwide acclaim that in Germany, it has been approved as a treatment of diabetic neuropathies.
Price and Product Description
Each bottle of IC-5 contains 120 veggie capsules. The recommended dosage for IC-5 is two capsules 15 minutes before any meal with carbohydrates. But if youíre on a low-carbohydrate diet, you may choose to take only two capsules twice a day before a meal. People who want to lose less than 10 lbs. are recommended to buy one bottle worth $69. Those who want to lose 10-30 lbs. are recommended to buy 3 bottles which cost $177 ($59 per bottle). Lastly, those who wish to lose more than 30 lbs. are recommended to buy 6 bottles which cost $294 ($49 per bottle). Each purchase comes with a free copy of ď53 Fat Burning Smoothies and Milkshakes,Ē as well as a 1 year money back guarantee.
What We Like About This Product
- Eating carbohydrates is like a stigma for people who are on a diet. You can defiantly eat the carbohydrates you want without fear of turning them into fat tissue, as long as you take your IC-5 capsules before your meal.
- A slower metabolism usually accompanies aging, but IC-5 contains ingredients which can help facilitate glucose metabolism in the body. Not only will you be able to metabolize sugars and carbohydrates faster, but you can also be sure that the glucose levels in your bloodstream will be within the normal range.
- Diabetes is a disease which plagues millions of people worldwide. With the help of R-ALA in†IC-5, the symptoms of diabetes can be alleviated. However, it is recommended that you ask your physician for advice before relying on the benefits of IC-5.
- Generally, people have no control over where the carbohydrates they eat will be stored. Itís usually up to the better judgment of the body to store it in either the fat or muscle tissue. With the help of IC-5 you can rest easy in knowing that these sources of energy will be stored in the muscle tissue.
What We Donít Like About This Product
- IC-5 is a supplement, and itís not designed to cure diseases.
- Donít expect you can eat as many plates of rice and noodles as you want just as long as you take IC-5. You should also watch what you eat instead of relying on supplements to do the work for you.
Our Final Say
IC-5 allows you to indulge in carbohydrates by ensuring that they are cleared from your blood stream without releasing too much insulin. By helping your body increase its sensitivity to insulin, youíre also helping your body burn fat faster. However, it must be noted that†IC-5 is a supplement, and not a drug. So before relying on the benefits of IC-5, itís still best to consult a doctor.