A lot of people feel that losing weight is incredibly difficult. However, if you find a program that works, the only difficult thing is getting started. After that, you won’t even notice that it is happening. Dr. Charles Livingston has developed the Fat Loss Factor, which aims to be one such program. It is a program that can be followed at home and supposed to be very easy. But is it, or is it just another fad diet?
What Is the Fat Loss Factor?
Dr. Livingston understood that people struggle with following a routine that means cutting their favorite foods out of their diets, or doing a workout that is grueling. Hence, he created something that allows people to still enjoy their lives, yet still be healthy as well. The Fat Loss Factor does not require you to attend meetings or groups, it only requires you to be motivated for 12 weeks. Through the program, you will be introduced to a healthy diet and an easy workout routine. It supposedly enhances your metabolic rate by activating fat-burning hormones in the body. It works on seven rules or principles in order to achieve this.
In trying the program, I found the first two weeks to be incredibly difficult. This is because this is the detox part of the program, which is always hard to go through. The three day Master Cleanse is the hardest of all, but it is definitely worth it. This detox part prepares your body for the actual diet, resetting it to be healthy again. This will prepare you for a healthy lifestyle. The program is not a get thin quick diet, but rather a real lifestyle changer.
The Rules or Principles
The Fat Loss Factor is based on seven rules or principles:
- You must do high intensity cardio workouts. These will help you burn the calories you have consumed. You will spend increasingly longer periods of time. Once you are used to one workout, you can move onto another, like skip-roping or aerobics.
- You will also do a lot of strength training. Cardio is for burning the calories during workout, strength training helps to burn calories afterwards as well. This is known as the burn phenomenon. Strength training also keeps you fully energized. Of course, the more muscles you have, the more calories you burn as well.
- You have to go through two weeks of preparation. You will first do the Master Cleanse, after which you will move on to organic foods, as well as eating often in small portions. This accelerates your metabolism.
- You have to work on emotional stress. Stress leads to people eating, but it also slows down metabolism. Hence, you will learn how to reduce your levels of stress.
- You must keep hydrated with water at all times. Drinking water also eliminates any toxins you still have in your body, which increases your metabolism.
There are two other principles as well, but I can’t give away all the secrets of course!
What You Get with the Package
When you purchase the package, you will receive the following information:
- The beginner’s guide to the package
- Dr. Charles Livingston’s eBook, which explains the entire program
- The Master Cleanse video
- A Weight Loss Guide as well as an Exercise Logbook
- A full workout guide
- A grocery eBook
What I Liked
There are a lot of things to like about the Fat Loss Factor. This includes:
- Dr. Livingston’s methods have been tried and tested. You do need time and effort to achieve your goals, but it is something that you are able to do.
- The emphasis is on exercise, diet and stress control, rather than starvation or extreme diets. Putting these three things together, you will have a healthy lifestyle that you can maintain.
- The diet teaches you how to cook your meals the right way as well. Dieting is not about starving, it is about eating the right things. Simple meals are not necessarily healthier options. Cupcakes may be small, for instance, but they are packed with calories.
- I personally loved the emphasis on reducing stress. Because it teaches you how to deal with stress, you no longer have to resort to comfort eating either. Because of this, even children are able to work with the Fat Loss Factor.
- The exercise routine can be customized, which means you can fit it to your needs. It fits around anybody’s schedule, whether you are in school, in fulltime employment or unemployed. You can watch the video and use the parts within it that fit for you, so that you create your own routine.
- The program is about making choices, rather than getting stressed over things you don’t like or don’t want to do anyway. You will remain motivated because you no longer have to deal with stress.
- It comes with a full 60 day money-back guarantee
What I Didn’t Like
The only issue I could possibly find is that the program is only available online. This means you have to have an internet connection, and you have to have a reader in order to access it. Some people simply like to have actual paper in their hands, or be able to make notes alongside some of the information.
I have to say that the Fat Loss Factor is full of really well-organized information. It does require time and effort, but this is realistic. What sets it apart for me is that it focuses firstly on getting you healthy again through the detox program. Yes, it is hard, but it is definitely worth it. I also love the fact that it has such a strong focus on stress relief, which is what stands in the way of weight loss for so many people. Not only is it a normal reaction to grab some comfort food when we are stressed, stress hormones slow down our metabolism. As far as I am aware, this is the first program that actually builds on this knowledge. I completely recommend the Fat Loss Factor to anybody that wants to lose weight and get healthy.